Garmin Waterproof Fishfinder 300C Review by David Baker
The Garmin Waterproof Fishfinder 300C with 3.5-Inch Display and Dual-Beam Transducer was designed for anglers who love fishing in freshwater lakes, streams or rivers. This Garmin Fishfinder will make the perfect companion for any recreational angler out there.
You will discover that the Garmin Waterproof Fishfinder 300C comes with a dual beam transducer, which gives you excellent coverage in shallow waters.
Update: This Fishfinder is currently on sale on sale via this link on Amazon
Another cool feature is that they have a super bright, high resolution 3.5-inch QVGA color display with improved user interface, plus UltraScroll for screen updates at live-action speeds.
This Garmin Fishfinder is for:
- Avid or amateur anglers looking for a fishfinder that is easy to install.
- Anyone who likes fishing in a kayak or small boat.
- People who fish in bays, creeks, lakes or shallow waters.
Other mouth-watering features of this Garmin Fishfinder include:
- power output: 150 watts (RMS) 1200 watts (peak to peak)
- Auto Gain setting adjusts sonar sensitivity automatically
- See-Thru technology shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Round flasher display mode
- Whiteline shows you how thick the bottom is
- 2X and 4X automatic and manual zoom
- Battery voltage indicator
- Single NMEA-0183 output
- if you want to get this Fishfinder, you can get it on sale at Amazon through this link
Like all Garmin marine gps, the 300C has the high performance sonar receiver. While there are other Garmin Fishfinders that are more expensive with more features, the fact is you will only be paying more for a minimal increase in efficiency.
It’s interesting to see what current owners are saying about this Fishfinder
I bought this fish finder as a depth guage for my ski boat which I use in the Puget sound. The unit was easy to install. I wanted to install without drilling into the transom (a) because I did not want to drill into the transom and (b) I did not want to have to haul the boat out of the water. I am so pleased with this unit, and it becomes a great source of conversation on our boat. It makes us feel much more confident in unknown waters. One of the best pieces of electronics I have bought.
Review Paraphrased for size – view original review here.
Check out a Video review of the Garmin 300C Fishfinder
Product Features and Technical Details
- Frequency = 80/200 | Resolution (VxH) = 320 x 240
- Screen Size = 3.5″
- Speed/Temp = Temp Only
- Transducer Type = Transom Mount
- Waterproof Rating = Submersible
- Watts RMS – Max = 150
- Included Transducer = Trolling Mount Transducer (dual beam)
- Brand Name: Garmin
- Model: 010-00682-00
- Display Size: 2.100 inches